The computational facilities at NORUT Narvik are located on the same floor as the offices and are maintained with assistance from FunnIT in Narvik. The server provides joint access file storage and routing to the printers. In addition NORUT Narvik has a computing cluster (20 core, 128 GB RAM) for heavy computational simulations such as finite element analysis for structural strength, or multiphysics simulations for dynamic process analysis.
Software used at SINTEF Narvik:
- Finite Element Method analysis for mechanical and structural strength:
- LS DYNA
- COMSOL Multiphysics (Finite element analysis for heat transfer; fluid flow; chemical reactions etc)
- Solid Works (CAD Computer Aided Drafting)
- Czochralski crystal growth simulation (on standalone LINUX server)
- PVSyst for simulation of solar irradiation and photovoltaic energy conversion
- Heliobase simulation software for Photovoltaic systems
- reMIND process integration optimisation and CPLEX linear programming solver.
In the course of 2020 SINTEF Narvik will be integrated into the SINTEF computing system with access to additional computational facilities.